Hanley Ramirez to Boston; Cruz to Seattle or Baltimore? (Panda a BoSox too)

weams

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sandoval has agreement to go to the red sox for 5 years, close to 100M</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We'll be seeing plenty of the Panda too

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So yes, it's happening. The newest <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a> will be Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sandoval has agreement to go to the red sox for 5 years, close to 100M</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

Sweet. What a waste for a decent player.

Not only real expensive...but really improved.

Eh, unless they do something about their pitching, I'm not too worried about them. Even if they had either Hamels or Lester, they are still in trouble. Add both and then they might have something.

Eh, unless they do something about their pitching, I'm not too worried about them. Even if they had either Hamels or Lester, they are still in trouble. Add both and then they might have something.

I have no doubt that they are going to acquire at least 2 TOR pitchers. Might be Scherzer and Hamels...just guessing, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Druw is probably happy he didn't go to college because if he went into the draft with an injury history he would NOT get 8 million.  So good luck to the kid.  If this is true that he rejected Baltimore its a little odd because in summer of 22 at the draft time the Orioles were above .500 and had the best farm system in the country.  So signs were all looking up.  We did still have a horrible owner but we were stable.  Not like Oakland.  He could of served his time like Machado and cash in for mega dollars.  This must of been an idea of Andruw and the agent.  I cant think a kid is going to come up with this on his own.
    • I saw Handley a couple of times at Bowie.   I would have said that his arm was very good, quick release and accurate.  His pitch blocking needed work I thought.  I was able to pull up two box scores from games I attended, in which he allowed 4 wild pitches to get past him, while throwing out 2 of 3 runners who attempted to steal.  Of course, impressions from 2 games is very anecdotal.  But a career 40% CS (31% last year) suggests his throwing is very solid.  He also cut his passed balls from 7 in 2022 to 4 last year in roughly the same amount of playing time.  
    • I don't think any O's fans are complaining with how that draft turned out!  I was simply pointing out that Andruw Jones forced Elias's decision. And so far so good.
    • You are right. My mistake. I thought they brought him into a 4-2 game.    The Leverage Index increases to Medium in that scenario.    1 run games can be low- leverage by definition of the Leverage Index. 
    • Were you aware that he’s from NOVA and grew up as an Orioles fan? 
    • As we saw last year winning the division means far less now with 3 wild cards making the playoffs.  It was mentioned numerous times last year how so many Orioles pitchers were approaching innings numbers they had never exceeded that it was becoming concerning.  A 6 man rotation, with Burnes staying on his normal rest, might help alleviate that.  I just want this team healthy and ready to go in October.  On the other hand, did anyone think we would have this sort of starting pitcher depth at the start of the year?  Like our position player depth it is a good problem to have!
    • So he was pulling a John Elway?  Well that's his right but frankly HE is probably disappointed with his choice.  The Orioles are going to win multiple World Series while Druw is still in the minor leagues. 
  • Popular Contributors